Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Living Room Art in the Heights


On Saturday AD and I took a loom to a really fun annual event. Each year (well, for the past two years anyway), someone in the neighbourhood opens their home up to the community for a one night celebration of the artists in our area. It is a bit like a gallery opening, performance and house party all rolled into one. There were painters, photographers, filmmakers, storytellers, musicians and dancers at the event, each showcasing their art form. You can see more photos from the event on their facebook page.

I sometimes complain that I don't know any arty people in my own neighbourhood, so I always have to go to Vancouver to do art things. It was really great to meet (and reconnect) with so many artists from Burnaby. It was especially fun for me since AD basically took over the loom and spent the evening showing lots of people how to weave. That's her at the loom, wearing a scarf that she wove herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment