Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Phoenix Travel Trash Necklace


A few years ago while I was on vacation, I noticed some interesting looking garbage lying on the ground outside my hotel. Every time I walked past it, I thought to myself that it would make an interesting piece of art. After several days, I couldn't resist any more and I picked it up off the ground. When I got home, I made this:

Since then, I've accumulated a small collection of baggies of stuff that I find lying around on trips. A few of the baggies have even been turned into art.

When I was at the ARTzona 2015 retreat in Phoenix, I found some "distressed" bits of metal and plastic, some torn up pieces of paper a little wrench and a lanyard. They seemed to want to be a necklace, so this is what I made:

You can see more of my Travel Trash series here. Just scroll down the page until you see it. Maybe one day I'll figure out how to put tags on the page so that I can link directly to things, but for now, I'd rather make art.

No comments:

Post a Comment