Pages

Friday, February 5, 2016

52 Books - Book 5 - There and back again

This book started life in a sketchbook class that I took in 2014. I made quite a few handmade books in that class, and I think that's where the idea for this year long project started.

I really enjoyed creating the multlayered mixed media pages - all with somewhat bizarre bird themes. Unfortunately the pages became too thick and the spine of the book burst, tearing the pages down the middle. I took the torn pages and remade the book with an accordion spine that gives each page the room it needs. It also leaves a strip in the middle of each spread. One day, I might paint over the strips, but for now there's how they look.  I don't actually mind as I was thinking of each spread as a diptych with each page able to stand on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment