Pages

Monday, April 3, 2017

Prepping for kid's classes


Last week, I was asked if I could teach some kid's art classes at Place des Arts - that start this week! I haven't done much art with young children for a while, so it took some time to wrap my mind around what I would do with them. My own kids are too old to use as guinea pigs anymore, and I had to come up with a plan on my own.

One of the classes is called "Paint, Print, Portfolio". I thought we'd start by making colourful portfolios. My tools of choice:

  • recycled heart and stick shaped wax crayons that have been made with IKEA ice cube trays (I found them at a thrift store, and they've become my new favouite tool for adding colour to my own art journals.)
  • scented markers - I recently started to clean out my studio (it's a bit like an archaeological dig) and found a very large selection of them, and what kid doesn't love smelly markers?
  • colourful duct tape.
Kids classes at Place des Arts:
Paint, Print, Portfolio: Tuesdays starting April 4th, 4-5 pm for 5-7 year olds
Imagine That: Fridays starting April 21, 4-4:45 pm for 3-5 year olds and 5-6 pm for 5-7 year olds.

I'll also be teaching an adult class that I'm really excited about. I've got some fun "explorations" planned:
Exploring Acrylics: Wednesdays starting April 5th, 7-9 pm.




No comments:

Post a Comment