Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Living Room Art in the Heights Banner


Last fall, my daughter AD and I participated in a very fun community event called Living Room Art in the Heights. A local family opened up their home and transformed it into an art gallery for one evening. It was such a lovely evening, meeting artists from our very own neighbourhood. This video gives short glimpse of the evening. If you watch carefully, you'll see a short clip of AD weaving at the event.


We invited people to give freestyle weaving a try, and together, we created a lovely banner. It's always interesting to me to see how people pick the yarn they will add. Some people are bold and impulsive, and make quick decisions. Others carefully think about their choice - touching and  considering the textures and colours before making a selection. I love watching the banner grow as people add their own unique contributions. I've done a bit more weaving on the banner since the event, but I finally decided it was time to cut the banner off the loom. It's always exciting to see the completed weaving off the loom. I love how it turned out - it feels full of joy.

I'm looking forward to displaying the banner at the 2016 event.

2 comments:

  1. This is truly lovely, community, flow, texture, collaboration... it has all this and more. Great work you do.

    ReplyDelete