Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2016

52 books, week 16 - The Gussie's Retreat

I have a group that gathers a few times a year at a house on a lake just south of the border. They call themselve's the Gussies. I think it is because their first retreat was in August - get it? Three days to just make art in a lovely setting is such a luxury.

The art that I do at the retreat is always very different from what I do at home. I love to play with all the things that people bring to share and this seems to be about the only time I get out my gelli plate and do some printing.

This book is coptic bound with assorted cardstock pages. I used some navy velvety finished mat board for the covers - they were exactly the right size. The velvety flocked stuff on the cover got a bit mucked up when I was making the art but I'm okay with that, not everything has to look brand new all the time.




No comments:

Post a Comment