Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2016

100in1day a global festival of civic engagement and urban interventions


I spent some time at the Vancouver Public Library (Hastings Branch) this morning doing a community weaving with the staff and patrons. Our little event was part of a global festival with activities taking place today all over Canada, and in the rest of the world.

We considered the question "what does the (library) branch mean to you?"


People recorded their observations in a beautiful book that the library provided. I have to confess, that I got so wrapped up in the weaving, that I forgot to see what sort of comments people left.

Along with the typical yarn that I brought along, some less typical materials found their way into the weaving.


We thought the finished piece might look good wrapped around one of the pillars in the library.



1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I love the less usual materials. the book... i will want to try weaving with pages.

    ReplyDelete