Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Magpie's Nest Community Art Space


A few years ago I started going to community art events organized by Magpie's Nest Community Art Space. They held lots of fun pop-up workshops in different locations. Sometimes it was a bit like a scavenger hunt trying to find them, but that just added to the fun of the event.

Recently, I came across some images from the early Magpie's events posted on Shelley Klammer's Expressive Art Workshop. Shelley was one of the founding Magpies. It was fun to pick out pictures of me and the art that I made at some of those events.

I've become more involved with Magpie's Nest over the years. I've hosted some workshops and events and was on their board for a while. This autumn, one of the other Magpies and I will be organizing a series of art journalling drop-ins. We are still hatching our plans, but more details will be coming as we choose some dates and locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment