Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

52 books - week 2 - Inspired by...

More about 52 books in 52 weeks
The second book



This is one of the largest books that I made all year at about 8 1/2" x 11". I did a coptic binding and I think this is my favourite way to bind a hand made book. I used this book to recreate my own versions of mixed media artwork by other artists. I'm sure that I'm not the only artist who saves images from magazines (and on pinterest) of artwork that I like. I don't usually do much more than just look at them occasionally. I decided to use this book to explore what appeals to me about other people's art, to see what colours, shapes and images emerge frequently and to think about why I am drawn to these things. Here are some of the pages:






No comments:

Post a Comment