Pages

Friday, October 21, 2016

Positive Affirmation Art Jounalling

This autumn, I've been co-facilitating a series of art journalling evenings at the Hastings Branch of the Vancouver Public Library. We were inspired by Betsy Greer's craftivism project called "You are so very beautiful." She creates little pieces of art with a positive message that starts with "you are..." and leaves them around for people to find. When we were at the Vancouver Mini Maker Faire, I found a patch made by Monica Em the Vancouver organizer of You are so very beautiful, and I thought it would be a great theme for an art journalling series. These are important messages to share with others, and also to remind ourselves.
I'm keeping a record of the messages that people create over on my other website.

The next session is on November 22 6:30-8:30 pm at the Hastings Library (near Renfrew).

No comments:

Post a Comment